The warmth and buoyancy of the water can help to reduce muscle spasm, increase circulation and reduce pain. It is particularly beneficial for those people who suffer from injuries or musculoskeletal conditions that are easily aggravated by weight-bearing or land based exercises.
By reducing the risk of aggravation clients are confidently able to improve their strength, flexibility, postural control and mobility.
- Muscular relaxation
- Buoyancy of water counters the effects of gravity
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to greater resistance in water
- Improvement in swelling due to hydrostatic pressure
- Improved balance and core stability
What conditions will benefit from Hydrotherapy?
Some of the many conditions include:
- Back pain
- Pre-operative strengthening for joint replacement
- Post-operative rehabilitation for joint replacement, fractures or tendon repair
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Balance and coordination problems
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
Hydrotherapy can be used in isolation or in conjunction with other rehabilitation programs. Often it is used as a stepping stone for clients to progress to a land-based exercise program.
The benefits of aquatic based exercise should not be under estimated in achieving pain relief combined with joint mobility and strength.
For further information about the MGS Hydrotherapy Program please contact our rooms.